Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Left Click wont work on mouse

• Please log in to reply

muaythai2

muaythai2

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Sometimes when im on my pc my left click button just stops working . Ive tried 3 differant mice and it wont work with any of them , but they all work on my other pc . Im able to fix the problem by restarting and plugging and unplugging my mouse .

I have vista 32 , and I have Razor mouse software installed , am using Norton anti virus .

Edited by muaythai2, 08 April 2008 - 09:48 PM.

Advertisements

Sarah Jane Smith

Sarah Jane Smith

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Is it a standard PS2 mouse or is it a USB mouse? Or is it wireless? If is is a PS2 mouse you could try a USB mouse and see if it works any better. If it is a USB mouse you could try using a different USB slot. If it is wireless, try moving the receiver to a different postion, preferable further away from your monitor. Also, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. You can do this by right-clicking on my computer use the arrow key scroll to properties and hit enter. Press Tab until there is a box around Device manager on the left side, then press space bar to select it. When it asks you to continue hit Alt-C. A list of devices will come up. Hit tab to go to the top of the list. Then use the arrow key to scroll down to Mice and other pointing devices. Once Mice is highlighted hit the right arrow key. Then use the down arrow key to scroll down to your particular device. Right Click on it and hit the arrow key until uninstall is hightlighted. Press enter and wait a few seconds for the mouse to be uninstalled. At this point your mouse will completely stop functioning. Hold your power button down for a few seconds and release it. This will cause windows to shut down. If that doesn't work hold the power button down for 10 second and force your computer to power off. As a last resort you can unplug your computer. After your computer is shut down unplug your mouse and plug it back in. Restart, your computer. The driver should automatically reinstall itself when windows starts.

muaythai2

muaythai2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
The mouse is " Razer Death Adder " Its a wired Infrared gameing mouse . I have the same problem with the regular mouse that came with my pc also . The Razer Mouse came with its own software That I reinstalled , but it didnt seem to help . sometimes plugging in another mouse causes them both to work properly .

Ill try what you suggested and see if it fixs the problem .

Sarah Jane Smith

Sarah Jane Smith

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Well, if you can get the right-click to work temporarily, you won't have to use all of the keyboard commands to uninstall the driver. Just use the mouse, it's easer. --Sarah Jane Smith

muaythai2

muaythai2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Turns out it was the middle mouse button getting stuck . When the middle mouse button was stuck down the left click would not work .

Sarah Jane Smith

Sarah Jane Smith

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Turns out it was the middle mouse button getting stuck . When the middle mouse button was stuck down the left click would not work .

But I thought you said you tried 3 different mice on your computer and none of them worked properly. Fixing a stuck button is an obvious solution, but not so obvious based on the information you gave us. Do the other two mice you tried have stuck buttons as well? This doesn't make any sense at all. I am glad you got it working though.

muaythai2

muaythai2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I didnt unplug the mouse that had the stuck button . I had all 3 mice plugged in at the same time .

Sarah Jane Smith

Sarah Jane Smith

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

I didnt unplug the mouse that had the stuck button . I had all 3 mice plugged in at the same time .

LOL, well I never would have thought of having more than one mouse plugged in at a time. The very idea is kind of funny to me. Now that you have told me this your solution makes perfect sense. --Sarah Jane Smith