Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus Cryp_Tap-2 messed up PC

• Please log in to reply

elliemae

elliemae

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
PC-cillin found the Cryp_Tap-2 in a C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtstu.dll and it could not quarantine it or delete it. I went into safe mode and deleted the file and emptied the Recycle Bin. When I restarted my PC it would boot up and act like everything was fine. I thought my PC was fixed. Then, everything went away and all I had was the wallpaper. I could not do anything. So I restarted PC and again it did the exact same thing. So I got out my XP cd and did a recovery console or so I thought. When my PC rebooted it did exactly the same thing. What am I doing wrong or do I kiss my HD goodbye?

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I Suggest you take your log to the malware doctors found in this forum.
Please make sure that you read this before posting anything in the malware forum.

If you're still having problems after the malware doctors declare your log clean feel free to post back here and we'll help you to the best of our knowledge! :)

Regards,
Olrik