Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SEARCH not working

• Please log in to reply

loretto

loretto

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am a Win xp sp2 user.
I have noticed last day that my SEARCH option (START>SEARCH) not working and it shows a window like below
Posted Image
anybody helps me how to correct or repair it?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello loretto...

Is this the only applet window that's effected or are others (Control Panel, Help and Support, System Restore) also blank?

Click Start, then Run, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and click "Ok". (If you get an error message when you do this, please post the message here for us.) If this successfully registers the file, try opening the Search applet.

wannabe1

Old Geezer

Old Geezer

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Try this fix.

http://swatrant.blog...x-is-blank.html

loretto

loretto

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello loretto...

Is this the only applet window that's effected or are others (Control Panel, Help and Support, System Restore) also blank?

Click Start, then Run, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and click "Ok". (If you get an error message when you do this, please post the message here for us.) If this successfully registers the file, try opening the Search applet.

wannabe1

hello sir,
only Search window effected.
asper your direction i have tried to register the file and it sucessfully registered. But the search window still blank.