Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Enhanced CD TRoubles

• Please log in to reply

nicolethompson11

nicolethompson11

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi There,

I have recently dug up an old Audio CD that has Enhanced content on it. I have tried the CD on both my Dell PC with Windows XP and also on my Toshiba Laptop with Windows Vista and both respond with the same problem.

Basically, the CD loads and comes up with some kind of video window (i.e. it has a little video-like icon in the top left menu corner) but then prompts me with a Browse window wanting to Open an ".stk" file. There are no such files on the CD, the only files on there when I explore it are .nba files.

So when I don't open an STK file and click "Cancel" the window just sits there blank! Then when I close that window, it gives me a little "WWW.HYPERSTUDIO.COM" graphic and disappears. I've done extensive software research on this, especially looking for answers with Hyperstudio. But no avail.

The CD is from the year 2000, any help on how I can go about getting this darn old dinosaur to play?

Thanks a million!
Nicole

:)

P.S. Oh, and FYI, the Enhanced content is just an Autoplay video labelled as "Electronic Press Kit Video" on the Audio CD album case.

Advertisements

nicolethompson11

nicolethompson11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey Again... Couldn't figure out how to Delete this topic...

So just wanted to let y'all know that the problem is solved... KINDA!

*LOL* A fellow fan helped me out and tracked down the video. So I now have it without having to worry about prehistoric software problems

Thanks anyhow!