Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows wont load, cant access safe mode

• Please log in to reply

mcicki08

mcicki08

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello:)

When I start my computer I cant get passed the windows screen. It's tries to load and stops.

I tried booting into safe mode, but it stops again in the same place.

I tried to put my windows cd in to recover the console, but it goes to a black screen has me press any key, and once i do that it goes to the windows startup screen again. NOT the setup screen so that I can reinstall my windows.

I tried to change my boot sequence so that the CD rom would be 1st and then restarted to put in boot disk.This did nothing, I had the same problem. It's as if my cd rom isnt reading the disk at all. I can hear it , but nothing occurs, it's like the disk just stays in place.

I've never had this problem, when I went to bed my computer was finelast night, now it's just gone from bad to worse.

The bootdisk works, I tried it on my friends computer. butI find it strange that I cant even get into safe mode.

I also tried to press F8 and went to last known good configuration , but it did nothing...literally nothing happened.

Is there a way to access the dos prompt from the F2 setup menu?

I am at a loss as to what to do, I 'd appreciate any advice or help!

Thanks!
~Mcicki~

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
From the bios setup. Set the bios to 'load setup defaults'.
press f10 or go to 'save and exit'.

Edited by cmpm, 09 April 2008 - 09:14 AM.

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
If that don't work.
Pull the battery.
Start computer.
Go into bios setup.
Set the clock
Then 'load bios setup'

In both of my posts check to see if the boot settings are set to start from the cd drive first.
It should be. If it isn't change it to cd first.

mcicki08

mcicki08

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I cant remember if I tried that, will try it when I get home. What if that doesnt work, do you have any further suggestions?
Thankyou so much!

Cheers,
FMOW

mcicki08

mcicki08

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
alrighty, I will try those things! thanks again, will get back to you and tell you if they work:)

~Mcicki~

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Hello:)

When I start my computer I cant get passed the windows screen. It's tries to load and stops.

I tried booting into safe mode, but it stops again in the same place.

I tried to put my windows cd in to recover the console, but it goes to a black screen has me press any key, and once i do that it goes to the windows startup screen again. NOT the setup screen so that I can reinstall my windows.

I tried to change my boot sequence so that the CD rom would be 1st and then restarted to put in boot disk.This did nothing, I had the same problem. It's as if my cd rom isnt reading the disk at all. I can hear it , but nothing occurs, it's like the disk just stays in place.

I've never had this problem, when I went to bed my computer was finelast night, now it's just gone from bad to worse.

The bootdisk works, I tried it on my friends computer. butI find it strange that I cant even get into safe mode.

I also tried to press F8 and went to last known good configuration , but it did nothing...literally nothing happened.

Is there a way to access the dos prompt from the F2 setup menu?

I am at a loss as to what to do, I 'd appreciate any advice or help!

Thanks!
~Mcicki~

Unplug the power and pull the battery and you should have access to all the bios setup features.
Be sure to set the clock first.

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
btw, make sure to put the battery back in then plug the power in.

lol...figured you would know that.
But just in case.....