Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

blue screen errors

• Please log in to reply

cheebo

cheebo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have been getting a blue screen when i try to sign off my computer with the topic " bad pool header"...what does this mean? how do i reboot as the reboot button doesn't work when the blue screen is there...thanks

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
This error seems to mean different things for different people...it is generally a memory error, but not necessarily a RAM problem.

Start with the easiest issue....do you have any USB devices other than mouse or keyboard? (external drives, memory sticks).

Are you installing them and removing them correctly?

cheebo

cheebo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
just keyboard and mouse only

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
When did the problems begin? Have they always been there? Did you upgrade to sp2 and then they began.

cheebo

cheebo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
started today a few hours ago when i was normally signing off..i have had a few blue screens in the past but it has been 6 months or more since the last one..i have not installed any hardware or soft ware in the last few months...hope this helps

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
reboot, load windows

start >run
eventvwr.msc
enter

Look under applications and system for Red Xs that began today.

cheebo

cheebo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i found more than a few red X's for the last few weeks..most are for perfnet or application errors..there are also caution signs present..do you need any more information about these red x's....thanks mike