Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7 tab settings problem

• Please log in to reply

tmsgabber

tmsgabber

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, Gents. I have never been able to change the tabs settings in my IE 7. When I go to tools\internet options\general\Tabs settings I check (Open Home page for new tabs instead of blank page). First when I click ok, and I am back on Internet options, the apply button is grayed out(the first indicator of a prob), then when I click ok, and restart IE, same blank page shows when I choose another tab. Anyone have any ideas as to what the prob is? Any help is greatly appreciated!!! :)

Also, when the next tab comes up and says(you've opened a new tab), When I check the box that says don't show this page again, and the blank screen shows, if I close that tab, and restart IE, the (you've opened a new tab) comes up again when I click on new tab??? HELP!!

Edited by tmsgabber, 09 April 2008 - 11:06 AM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi tmsgabber...

In Internet Options, under Tab Settings, is the checkbox next to "Open only the first homepage when Internet Explorer starts" selected? If it is, remove the tick (deselect) the box and see if you are able to apply the changes. Then see if your tabs will open with your homepage.

wannabe1

tmsgabber

tmsgabber

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the response. That box was actually unchecked, but I have tried to check, save and exit IE, then go back and uncheck, save and exit again, still not allowing me to change the tabs settings. I have no idea what could be going on.