Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer isn't printing anything

• Please log in to reply

pala2006

pala2006

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
The printer we have is an Epson Stylus Color 880. Alright so yesterday when my sister wanted to print out an assignment, the first 2 or so pages came out fine but the latter pages comes out streaky and half the images were shown (there would be a line of colour then blank then colour and so on). So I went into the printer preferences and did the nozzle clean, header clean, etc. When I finished doing so, we tried printing out one of the pages but now they came out completely blank. The ink levels shown are above half. I'm certain that the ink cartridges aren't clogged or anything like that because I took them out and saw that the bottom where the ink comes out is wet. Any help would be appreciated. The drivers on the manufacture website are from 2001 so I don't think they would be useful since I got this computer in 2003? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
most likely the print head nozel is clogged.... you can try cleaning the head ( some can be done from the software ) but I'm not sure on that particular epson if the head is removable so you could clean it better.... you could check and see if a print head kit is available for that model or not... if not you may be out of luck... printers these days are pretty much disposable... oh and if you got 5 years out of that printer you did real well... most just barely outlast their warranty..