Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help in removing Smitfraud

• Please log in to reply

bou059697

bou059697

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, i was hoping that you could offer some assistance in the removal of a Smitfraud infection on my machine. After extensively running Ad-Aware, Rouge-Remover, ATF_Cleaner, AVG Anti-Spyware, SUPER Anti-Spyware, Smitfraud Fix, and Smitrem; i am still getting IE explorer popups every now and then for anti-virus software, a desktop overlay occurs sometimes as well along with the fake warning prompting me to buy software.

I have also noticed that my action buttons on my Kensington wireless mouse also stopped working properly. The Panda ActiveScan 2.0 still came up with infected files. So i have attached the HJT log, along with other logs from the various anti-spyware programs.

Any help you give would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files

Advertisements