Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with MAC address configuration

• Please log in to reply

John Cutler

John Cutler

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
I have recently got a Nintendo Wii, and tried to connect it by enabling the MAC address. I think what I have done is only allowed that to connect (despite this it still doesn't work) and now I can't get internet at all through my wireless router - and cannot change the settings back to disabling the MAC settings. I have plugged my computer in directly to the modem and tried accessing http://192.168.2.1/ but it doesn't load. Can someone please tell me what to do.

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
you need to plug your pc back into your router and goto its config utility with internet explorer (192.168.2.1) and find the setting for MAC Address filtering and on that page and either add the MAC address of your pc and any other pc's you want to or just disable MAC Address filtering all together which should be a check box or something similar on that page to enable or disble it and make sure to save changes.

John Cutler

John Cutler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Thank you very much - all fixed.