font distorting windows
Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:22 PM
Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:23 PM
1. Make a folder C:\WINDOWS\FONTS.NEW
2. Open Command Prompt and go to the I386 folder of your Windows XP CD-ROM (or C: drive if there)
3. Type: expand -r *.tt_ C:\WINDOWS\FONTS.NEW
4. Type: expand -r *.fo_ C:\WINDOWS\FONTS.NEW
5. Type: expand DESKTOP.IN_ C:\WINDOWS\FONTS.NEW\DESKTOP.INI (this file makes the Fonts folder "special" with all the features).
6. Type: xcopy c:\windows\fonts\*.* c:\windows\fonts.new\ (Press the n key each time you get a
Overwrite D:\windows\fonts.new\xxxxxxx.xxx (Yes/No/All)? prompt).
7. Restart your computer into the Windows Recovery Console by booting with the Windows XP CD-ROM and pressing "R" in the Setup.
8. Go to C:\WINDOWS and type: ren FONTS FONTS.OLD
9. Type: ren FONTS.NEW FONTS
You're all set! Just restart your computer.
Got this from the last post in this thread: http://www.experts-e...Q_20533156.html. You don't have to join to see the responses, just scroll all the way down.
Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:54 PM
Thanks for the help...however, after doing your instructions, I still have the same problem. Anymore sugggestions??
Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:30 AM
upgrade your video cards
This can be done through windows update
custom, not express update
or you can go to your graphics card maker
and find updated drivers
And mainly this seems to be a printer problem.
Check your manufacturers website.
I've searched for this problem but nothing in particular.
All I had to go on was clp-510.
Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:52 AM
Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:47 PM
Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:24 AM
Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:28 AM
What if clarky23 switched appearance to classic then back to XP?
You think that would help?
Then also there is TweakUI to repair fonts.
Just an uneducated guess and it wouldn't hurt, I think.
Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:17 PM
My guess though is some program that has been installed is causing the font problem.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users