Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

downgrade from vista to xp

• Please log in to reply

trucker

trucker

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
i just got a new laptop and removed vista to install xp home i cant seem to get to sound to work. its a gateway MT3421 any help would be good thanks

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to CTH:

Check the Gateway website for the drivers. There is a very good chance there may not be any available as many computer manufacturers are using Vista only hardware for their systems if they know Vista is going to be pre-installed.

Also, check to make sure downgrading does not void your warranty.

Murray

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
ive been to there web site nothing and i got it used so thats no big deal. Vista just runs so slow on this laptop.
As much as i hate to say this im putting Vista back on this then duel boot with Linux guess ill upgrade the ram as far as i can to use the vista hog oink oink!!!!

Edited by trucker, 10 April 2008 - 11:42 AM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
What are the system specs?

Murray