Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

High priority updates won't install

• Please log in to reply

alty02

alty02

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
After unintentionally re-installing Windows XP on my system (my error trying to set up a VM), I went to the Microsoft update site and it showed 92 high priority updates needed. After starting the process it indicated that they were all downloaded successfully, but after installing I get a window that says "Some updates were not installed". And it lists those that weren't installed. All 92 of them!

I was able to upgrade to IE7 without any problems, but can't get the security updates to install. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

alty02

alty02

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi All,
After searching around G2G I found this and after running it, the updates did install!! Cool little program!

MichWasHere

MichWasHere

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Hey alty :) just wanted to add in here, I had the same issues with about 10 installs yesterday :)

This method seems to have done the trick as well.

1) Stop the Automatic Updates service
2) Register Wups2.dll
3) Restart the Automatic Updates service

More info linky