Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

System Restore Problem

• Please log in to reply

ronin

ronin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
<_<

This is really starting to annoy me- I have had this problem for a while and i dont know where it is coming from:

A couple months ago, there was a game that came out called XIII. This garbage completely screwed up my system. Since then, I have had the problem of losing sound on my computer when i do a system restore. I dont know why or how, but it has always comes back at some point- the first time it took a week and a half, and last time it took about a month. The strange thing is, after i restart the computer, the sound is working until it loads up the desktop. I hear the windows startup sound, but there is a click in my speakers and after that, nothing.

I am running windows XP pro, and my sound card is a soundblaster audigy.

If any one can help me, it would really be awesome. thanks

Advertisements

ronin

ronin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
never mind, i just randomly figured out how to fix it.. just in case someone else has this same problem.. to fix it go into the audigy speaker diagnostics, run the test and after everything says "Pass!" and youre all confused because it still isnt working, run a test through the speakers and they will work again.