Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Digital cable modem and wireless laptop

• Please log in to reply

Hoops48197

Hoops48197

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Can anyone tell me if there is a way, or any method to get my digital cable to be routed thru a wireless network, so It can be viewed on my wireless laptop. or broadcast into the wireless network. It seems that there must be a way to route that signal into the network, maybe using a CATV setup, that stuff is cheap, but will it work, will anything work?
Thanks for your ideas and help.
Hoops.

Advertisements

Kazzoo

Kazzoo

Visiting Consultant

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Greetings Hoops48197

How about checking out a device called Slingbox.

Takes tv signals (Sat, cable, analog, ect) and puts it through your home router. Then from anywhere you can get a internet connection you have your TV on your computer. You can do from the Computer anything a handheld remote would be able to do to the TV.

http://store.slingme...egoryID.1449300

Regards

Kaz.

Hoops48197

Hoops48197

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the response, I did go and check out the Slingbox, It will work, no doubt, in fact I may go get one tomorrow. I did some more checking, Comcast (my provider) says that you have to have there wireless network installed, by them for a fee, KMA, I have wireless, I want to force that sighal into the wireless, somehow. They need to make one box does both, a wireless for networking, and a cable signal out to broadband or something. I need another beer, so I can get a better perspective.

Thanks for the help
Hoops