Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My retarted connection.

• Please log in to reply

AmericanJonathan

AmericanJonathan

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have a TPlink wireless card. Yes, it works, im connected to something. But the only thing that works is internet explorer. Not aim, not firefox, nothing. Just IE. I have Windows XP. on the bottom by the icons, there are 4 bars telling me about my connection. Thats the TPlink program. Then the windows wireless internet connection program sais my connection is very low. When i try to install a program that i need to watch videos or go on anything (meebo doesnt work, the backround pops up but the login stuff doesnt come up) it sais internet settings dont work for this or something.
whats going on?

Im editing now. I used the offline Java installer, and limewire sais this:

Limewire was unable to initialize and start. This is usually due to a firewall program blocking limewires access to the internet or loopback connections on the local machine. Please allow limewire access to the internet and restart limewire.

Edited by AmericanJonathan, 10 April 2008 - 05:25 PM.

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Hi John,

Try starting your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" from the Advanced Boot Options menu (usually accessed by tapping F8 as you boot the computer) and see if everything works there. If it does, check your A/V or firewall for potential conflicts.