Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does anyone know what this file is? copy.cab

• Please log in to reply

jimbo123

jimbo123

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello,
I ran a AVG antivirus scan tuesday and it found a trojan horse PSW.OnlineGames.AJVH in this file C:\hp\drivers\hpiz423\setup\copy\copy.cab and it could not remove it cause it said it was a embedded object so i posted a topic in the malware forum. But today i updated my AVG and did a scan of that file and it did not find anything :) . So i am thinking it was another false alert. So my question is, is that file fine to have on my computer? And should i just ask to have my malware topic closed so i dont waste any of the helpers time because i am not having any problems with my PC?

Thank you for any help :)

Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this question.

Edited by jimbo123, 11 April 2008 - 01:57 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sounds like a false positive to me. Try one of the online AV scanners, just to make sure.

All these scanners require you to use Internet Explorer because they need to install an ActiveX component to run the scan.

jimbo123

jimbo123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello Ztruker

Thank you for your help, thats what i wanted to here(the false alert) :).
Just to let you know the day AVG found that trojan i ran 2 online scans, the one Panda active scan 2.0 and the other Kaspersky and both of them found nothing.And i also uploaded the file to one of those sites where they scan the file with all kinds of antivirus scanners and only 2 of them found anything. AVG and norman(norman called it a W32/OnLineGames.AUFD).
So just to make clear you think that it was just a false alert?And if so should i just ask for my malware topic to be closed?(i dont see anything wrong with my PC)

And one other thing if would not mind, do you know what that file does?
Thank you very much for your help :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
From the path it was in it has something to do with an HP product, printer, scanner, All-in-one. I couldn't find anything specific about it on the HP web site though. If you have the installation CD for your HP product(s) you could scan them for copy.* and see what you find.