Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Computer [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

g2thafm

g2thafm

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello geekstogo, my friend jus gave me a computer amd i need help uprgrading because it seems to be running slow and when i try downloaded some things it won't let me!! So if someone can please help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Gabriel

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Hi Gabriel, if it's just a slowdown issue, it could be Windows related. Do you get any signs that may indicate malware or virus infestation?

If you still want us to take a look, read this topic and follow the steps outlined. When ready, post the HijackThis log here.

g2thafm

g2thafm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I dont think its any of that. I just need someone to look at it and when i download stuff it says something is messed up with the Riched20.dll or something like that. Can you help me out?

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Yes, we probably can help with that, but it should be directed towards the Windows board instead so it gets the proper attention. We mainly deal with malware/virus related issues here. If your's is more Windows related, I suggest posting in the appropriate Windows board.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.