Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Do You Use Norton Ghost v11?

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Hello,

Good afternoon everyone I'm a newbie at Norton Ghost. I'd like to use it to make a backup of my "C" [windows] drive to an external usb drive I have. Would anyone know how I can do that? I've searched for hours with google but all I get is info on how to use the older versions of Norton Ghost. Maybe I'm not searching properly... Anyways I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me learn how to make backups of my windows drive to my external hard drive so I can have a working copy of xp and all of my programs in case something ever goes wrong. BTW I currently have Norton Ghost v11 and will be using it in boot mode.

Thank You

Edited by superstar, 12 April 2008 - 11:27 AM.

Advertisements

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
superstar,

Norton Ghost v11 is COMPLETELY Windows-based. To create a backup image of your hard drive(s), you'll first need to Install then run Ghost v11 under Windows. It WILL create bootable recovery media - but as far as the backup goes - it's all Windows based at this point.

Hope this helps.

- John

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Ok well how about the bootable ghost version which you can run off disc. How do you use that version to create a backup of your entire windows C drive to an external usb drive? I'd like to know so I can get myself a copy of Ghost bootable version soon. Please tell me step by step...

Thank You

Edited by superstar, 14 April 2008 - 08:22 AM.