Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Decoder error

• Please log in to reply

Redneck23

Redneck23

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I keep receiving that message when I try to play a DVD. I am not sure what to do and would appreciate any help. I use Windows Media Center to play my DVD's. I did have a hard drive problem and HP sent me the XP cd but I am not 100% sure that was the exact system I was using before. My cpu says I was using Windows XP Media Center Edition. I am not sure if that is different than what I have now. That could be the main problem but I have no idea.

I just want to say thank you. I read some of your helpful tips regarding trojan viruses and I was able to clean my cpu out pretty well. Very much appreciated.

Edited by Redneck23, 12 April 2008 - 02:20 PM.

Advertisements

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
You shouldn't really be playing dvds with windows media player. Try using this:

http://www.download....4-10352449.html

By the way what does your pc say now when you right click the "my computer" icon and choose properties? Does it still list your pc as media center or something else that you didn't have before.

:)

Edited by superstar, 01 May 2008 - 01:36 PM.