Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows won't go to complete full screen

• Please log in to reply

mwaljn

mwaljn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
On my desktop I cannot get the left end of a page and the right end on the full screen. I keep having to use the drag arrows. I'm not sure what is causing this because on my laptop the same webpages show up correctly. I have XP and the latest version of Internet Explorer. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Is your Monitor correctly configured so you can see the whole desktop?
You can let it autoconfigure by pressing the "Auto" button on the monitor.

Regards,
Olrik

mwaljn

mwaljn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Its only when I'm online in Explorer windows. So I don't think the monitor is the problem. Any other idea?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
It pretty much has to be the monitor settings if the window is not fitting on the screen. Either that or you have your IE window sized wrong so it's larger than the bounds of the window being displayed.

What happens if you click on the box next to the red X to expand it to full screen? Does it fit then. If yes then click on the overlapped boxes next to the red X and drag the tyop and side4s to the positions you want them then click on File and Exit. That should lock in the size and location.