Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AC'97 Audio

• Please log in to reply

nic777

nic777

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
ok i basically reinstalled and now when i go to play music or whatever audio it wont play, unmuted, good hardware, and computer says AC Realtek is working fine...i have tried numerous drivers to have no luck at all...ive googled and see its a common problem but can anyone help me here cant find anything that works! :)

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
We need to know the specifications of your machine. What make and model is it, or if you built it what make and model is the motherboard? Have you gone to the maker's website and put your information in and tried to get the drivers, and do you know if the onboard sound is enabled in BIOS?

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
xp pro sp2 gigabyte 7n-400 pro2 1gig ram 2500 barton cpu...

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
nic777,

You can download the AC97 audio drivers/software from Gigabyte's site at:

http://www.gigabyte....b...&FileID=817

Other software/drivers specific to your motherboard can be found at:

http://www.gigabyte....?ProductID=1672

Hope this helps.

- John

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
thats no pro2 and ive tried that for the actual version....any other suggestions like a way to whipe out all drivers for it and only give it one..?

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
nic777.

Sorry. Try THIS link instead:

http://www.gigabyte....?ProductID=1682

If you need to uninstall the AC97 drivers/software which aren't working - go into Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, locate the AC97 software and Uninstall it. To remove these devices/drivers, you should right-click on My Computer, click on Properties,click on the "Hardware" tab, click the Device Manager button, locate and open and expand the "Sound, Video & Game Controllers" tree, right-click on EACH of the AC97 related devices and click "Uninstall" for each of these AC97 devices.

Download and install the AC97 software/drivers for your Pro2 motherboard from the site above.

Hopefully this should get your PC's audio back up and running.

- John

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Only found one ac97 and that was the card ...when i delete realtek then uninstall bad driver and reboot it autoinstalls a nvidia one or microsoft one...how do i get to install the real deal one from gigabyte?