Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disable infromation bar ie7

• Please log in to reply

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I have windows explorer7 and the infromation bar keeps on showing up. How can I disable the information bar.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you want to turn it off, you have to turn it off for each type of message.

To stop the information bar from blocking file and software downloads:

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Security tab, and then click Custom level.

Do one or both of the following:

To turn off the Information bar for ActiveX controls, scroll to the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Enable.

To turn off the Information bar for file downloads, scroll to the Downloads section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Enable.

Click OK, click Yes to confirm that you want to make the change, and then click OK again.

Edited by pip22, 13 April 2008 - 06:14 AM.

vally

vally

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I'm a bit late but what you posted is in the internet explorer help.

I tried that again but it did not seem to help.

What I did in the end was un installed ie7 and then reinstalled it and it is o.k. now.
Thanx