Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motorola v3t

• Please log in to reply

michael2

michael2

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I have a motorola V3t and I need help getting windows vista to recognize it when i plug it in. I dont have a micro sd card so when i plug it in, all i see in my computer is "removable disk (K:)" and when i click on it it just tells me to "please instert disk into... ect". I want to be able to add some songs, music and personal ringtones, but i can't figure out a way to do it. I tried screwing around with drivers but appaerntly i cant find the right one.

I heard im supposed to buy "motorola phone tools" but i am trying to find a free third party program if possible. Also my version of vista is the 64 bit.

Thanks for helping!

Advertisements

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
michael2,

The bad news is that you can ONLY access files stored on you phone's SD card - NOT the phone's built-in memory - so basically, you'll to to get an SD card if you want to transfer media files between your phone and comptuer via the phone's USB connector.

Here are the steps:

You can access your phone's memory card with a PC and move / copy compatible files to it, or from it.

There are two steps to this process:

Setting up the Phone, and connecting and transferring between the computer.

Note: When your phone is connected to a computer, you can access the memory card only through the computer.

To set up on your phone:

Press the Center Select Key
Use the Navigation Key to scroll to Settings, and Press the Center Select Key
Use the Navigation Key to scroll to Connection, and Press the Center Select Key
Use the Navigation Key to scroll to USB Settings, and Press the Center Select Key
Use the Navigation Key to scroll to Default Connection, and Press the Center Select Key
Use the Navigation Key to scroll to Memory Card, and Press the Center Select Key
Once you have completed the above steps attach the Motorola Original USB cable to the accessory port on your phone and to an available USB port on your computer.

Then on your computer:

Find where your phone's memory card displays as a "Removable Disk " icon

On a PC this is the "My Computer" window
On a Mac it's on the desktop

Double-click the "Removable Disk" icon to access the files on your phone's memory card

To store the desired files onto the memory card, drag and drop them as follows:

MP3 files: mobile/audio
Screen savers: mobile/picture
Wallpapers: mobile/picture
Video clips: mobile/vide

Hope this helps.

- John Hook

michael2

michael2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
thanks john!

I know i ned a mem card, ill get one today! but i have one more question. If i put a song or some sound file on my comp, can i set that one to be the ring tone?

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
michael2,

The answer is YES, you can use your own MP3 files as ringtones but they must be as follows:

A bit rate of 64 kbps or less, and be no greater than 2:30 in length
— or —
A bit rate or 128 kbps, and no greater than 30 seconds in length

Check out the tech support FAQ section on Motorol's user-support site at:

http://www.motorola....pg=PG_TYP_00001

Hope this helps.

- John