Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan/byte veri-x and Trojan/wimad-E

• Please log in to reply

maverick58

maverick58

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was downloading some files on the internet and there was just something not right. So, I ran a system scan. I have Webroot antivirus with spysweeper and I ran a full scan and found the 2 Trojan viruses: byte veri-x and wimad-E and quarantined them. I also ran the scans that are a part of this forum. The Panda active scan, Super antispyware and malwarebytes anti malware. After running these different scans, plus re scanning with my webroot anti virus, the viruses have not been detected again. Does this mean that my cpu is ok? Is there anything else I should do? What do those particular viruses do?;*******************************************************************************
*********************************************************************************
ANALYSIS: 2008-04-13 15:32:58
PROTECTIONS: 3
MALWARE: 4
SUSPECTS: 1
;*******************************************************************************
*********************************************************************************
PROTECTIONS
Description Version Active Updated
;===============================================================================
=================================================================================
===================
McAfee VirusScan Yes Yes
Spy Sweeper with AntiVirus 5.5.7.124 Yes Yes
Norton Internet Security 2007 Yes Yes
;===============================================================================
=================================================================================
===================
MALWARE
Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location
===================
00145405 Cookie/RealMedia TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Maverick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\maverick@247realmedia[1].txt
00168056 Cookie/YieldManager TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Maverick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][2].txt
00169190 Cookie/Advertising TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Maverick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\maverick@advertising[2].txt
00172221 Cookie/Zedo TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Maverick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\maverick@zedo[1].txt
===================
SUSPECTS
Sent Location [J�Y�i
===================
Yes C:\PROGRAM FILES\ASKSBAR\SRCHASTT\1.BIN\A2SRCHAS.DLL [J�Y�i
===================
VULNERABILITIES
Id Severity Description [J�Y�i
===================
===================
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.11
Database version: 621

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 40954
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 24 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
Generated 04/13/2008 at 02:01 PM

Application Version : 3.6.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 3437
Trace Rules Database Version: 1429

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:11:02

Memory items scanned : 772
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 7698
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 1309
File threats detected : 0

Attached Files

Edited by maverick58, 13 April 2008 - 02:23 PM.

Advertisements