Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help using Dban please

• Please log in to reply

JackCoke

JackCoke

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So I followed the link for the CD one off of the Dban website but once I've downloaded it there is no ISO file. I see an IMA file but no ISO. Downloaded about ten times now and it's being elusive or something. I've posted on the DBan help forums too hoping to get a reply off one of my posts ASAP.

Any help would be appreciated please. Thank you.

EDIT:
When it downloads I need to use winrar to unpack it. Don't know if that's doing anything or not to cause a problem.

Edited by JackCoke, 13 April 2008 - 04:52 PM.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I just went to THIS site and downloaded it as an ISO file.

The iso needs to be burned to the CD using a cd program such as Nero. It will not work if you copy it.

JackCoke

JackCoke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok maybe I'm retarded, I'll be the first to admit.

When I download the ISO file it comes bundled and needs to be open with Winrar. When I go to extract the contents I don't see any ISO file at all.

While downloading it says its an ISO file but once winrar comes into play there's only an IMA file along with a few folders and other stuff. I'll try to post some screen shots of what I'm getting.

By the way, thanks for the reply.

EDIT:

Right after download.
http://img215.images...ge=firstfi0.png

After unpacking with winrar
http://img215.images...ge=thirdpc9.png

Hope the images are clear. As you can see, no ISO file :). What am I doing wrong?

Edited by JackCoke, 13 April 2008 - 05:26 PM.

JackCoke

JackCoke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Bump :)

rem0621

rem0621

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok so i may have downloaded some movies and the goverment may have caught up i used dban and ran 7 passes right before the computer was taken will that keep the govement from recovering the files?