Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Problems?

• Please log in to reply

Angst

Angst

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Okay. So my mom's laptop has problems (AGAIN) and is acting funky. Every like, 15 minutes, the internet on this laptop will shutdown, and there's no way to reconnect it unless I put it in hibernate, and then turn it back on again. I've done an avg scan, and i'll post a hijack this log if needed, but I doubt this computer has anything to do with malware, I'm pretty sure its a network problem.

If you need to know, this computer is running XP, I use a linksys router, and this laptop is connected to the network wirelessly.

My laptop and all of my siblings computers as well don't experience this problem at all.

The computer is a Dell Inspiron 6000, around 3-4 years old. I've never experienced this problem, ever on my computer.

HELP!!

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Lets renew your connection to the gateway.
  • Go to Start -> Run.
  • In the Box, type in "cmd".
  • A black box will appear. Type in: "ipconfig /release".
  • After it is done releasing. Type in: "ipconfig /renew".
  • This should renew your connection with your gateway.

Regards,
Olrik