Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Taking too long to download Video

• Please log in to reply

kooler2

kooler2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have just got myself a bike cam and after trying to download the footage to Photo bucket quickly decided that I can't wait fifty or more years for it to happen. The camera I have is a ATC2K Waterproof Action Cam (http://www2.oregonsc...scid=77&pid=709). can anyone help me with what format i have to use to make the downloading so so so so so much quicker. Many thanks :)

Advertisements

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
It sounds like you're trying to upload footage that you took with your bike cam to photobucket, not download (two VERY different thing.)

When uploading a video to photobucket, your videos screen resolution can be up to 1024 x 768, the maximum length of the video can only be 5 minutes, and the file size can only be a maximum of 100MB.

So, if your video file is 5 minutes or less and the file size is 100MB or less, you can upload your video to photobucket. Your camera records a screen resolution of 640 x 480, so when you log into your photobucket account and click on the video tab to upload, right above the browse bar, you'll see the words "max video size: 5 minutes, 100 MB" with (Options) right next to it. Click on "options" and select "message board ( 640 x 480 )" if it is not already selected. This will tell photobucket to NOT resize your video, saving you upload time. Select save to apply the settings.

Photobucket converts any video that is not in photobuckets video formate (flash), so you're going to have to let photobucket do its thing to make sure your video is displayed on photobucket correctly. This process, depending on how quickly your internet upload speed is and the file size of your video, will probably take a little while. There's no way of getting around that, so I would just upload the video and do something else to occupy your time, it won't seem as slow than :)

Please let me know if you need any more help :)

kooler2

kooler2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thankuou so much for your reply and better still it helps a lot...... Many thanks from the land down under :) :)

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
No problem, glade I could help :)

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
If you ever need extensive video help go to www.vcdhelp.com which has some major resources on filming, editing, converting, etc. Basically everything you can think of that has to do with video and using cameras!