Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Strange new empty folder "A" created in C:\ drive today

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

riceorony

riceorony

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello everyone,

This morning I checked and saw a new folder named "A" on my C:\ drive.

It's quite strange as I've just recently reformatted my computer and have zone alarm internet security (7.1.248) installed, as well as sunbelt's counterspy v2. I performed scans using those two programs as well as superantispyware, avg antispyware, b-i-t-defender online scan, panda active scan online, and checked my HiJack This! log and compared it to the day after I formatted (they look the same), I also ran F-secure's antirootkit and AVG's antirootkit. The scans were done in normal and safe mode with the most updated definitions for each.

All come up clean, and I'm sure stumped... :)

This "A" folder has come up about 9 months before, but I've reformatted since then.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Please do not create duplicate topics. Post all your replies to this topic you have opened instead.

Topic closed.