Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"found new hardware" alert problem

• Please log in to reply

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
no I removed the 'Mail to" when I sent it. :) I emailed it to the address you just listed (intervideo-pmsubmit@trymedia.com) and it was returned.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
I get the same results.

If you look in Device Manager, are there any yellow marks (Start / Run type devmgmt.msc and press Enter)?

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
ok let me look.........

Edited by LaurenBeth, 16 April 2008 - 10:27 PM.

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
YES!! 4

all yellow !

1) next to "Unknown device"

2) under network adapters there is one next to "1394 Net Adapter"

3&4) Under "SCSI and RAID controllers" there are 2, both have "unknown device" next to them

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts

1) next to "Unknown device"

2) under network adapters there is one next to "1394 Net Adapter"

3&4) Under "SCSI and RAID controllers" there are 2, both have "unknown device" next to them

1) Right click on it and select Properties. Click on the Details tab. Post the information in the large bottom window in a reply here, specifically the PCI\VEN_xxxx&DEV_xxxx data.
2) This is a Firewire adapter. It's used mostly to connect to peripherals like digital cameras, camcorders and some external hard drives. Disable it.
3) These are hard drive controllers for SCSI drives and RAID arrays (multiple drives setup for performance or safety). Try disabling them since you are not using them, see if that gets rid of your "found new hardware" message every time you boot. To disable them, right click on them and select Disable.

I would recommend reinstalling the appropriate drivers but I can't find any on the HP web site for your computer. Lots of other stuff, but nothing for any of these.

The only other suggestion I have is to try a Repair Install. It's non-destructive and leaves your data and most programs intact.

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
1) All is says is "ROOT/IVIVD/0000 (but the slashes are back slashes)

I disabled the other ones

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Did disabling the others get rid of the "found new hardware" message?

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Yes!! THANK YOU! :) I just restarted it and no pop ups!!! :) Another questions (and I know you must be sick of me and all of my dumb questions, but....) do you know why my computer won't go into standby mode? My computer starting saying something like it can't go in standy mode because of Debug1394... something like that. Can you help with this issue too? That started happening several days ago.

OK... this is exactly what is says.........

The device driver for the '1394 Debug' device is preventing the machine from entering in standby mode. If this problem continues you may need to update driver.

I'm not sure what this is. Any ideas?

Edited by LaurenBeth, 18 April 2008 - 01:33 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
1394 is the Firewire adapter that had a yellow mark next to it.

The only way your going to resolve this is to get the right driver loaded for it, but as I said before, I could not find any drivers on the HP web site, which is a first for any HP computer I've ever worked with.

Did this computer come with XP installed, did you upgrade to XP from and older OS or downgrade from Vista?

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
It came with it installed

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
According to the PC Troubleshooting and Maintenance Guide, you can reinstall drivers automagicly. Start with step 3.

[attachment=20051:hppavilion.gif]

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
ok I got to step 8 but I'm not sure which driver to select. I dont see one that says 1394 Debug

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Lauren, what drivers are listed? I'm looking for something like Chipset or Firewire or 1394 Network Adapter.

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
ok here are all of them..............

Agere Sequoia and Redwood Modem Driver
ATI SMBus Driver
ATI UMA Graphics Driver
HP Consumer Monitor Files
HP Personal Media Drive
Lightscribe HOST Software
One-Touch Multimedia Keyboard Software
Realtek High Definition Audio
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
TVTuner Conexant Falcon II Driver
TVTurner Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Driver

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Nope, I don't see anything there that would help, rats!

Try this. Open Device Manager, expand IEEE 1394 Bus Host controllers.

Double click on the line that shows below it. On my system it's Texas Instrument OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Click on the Driver tab then the Uninstall button. Shutdown and reboot. XP will find the device and load the driver again. See if that gets rid of the yellow !.

If not, go back into Device Manager, only this time click on the Roll Back Driver button then shutdown and reboot.