Did you still want me to complete instructions in post 27?
I wonder why there isn't a DllCache folder among these results.
Set Explorer to view Hidden Files and Folders:
- Right-click your Start button and go to "Explore".
- Select Tools from the menu
- Select Folder Options
- Select the View tab
- Click on Show all Files and Folders
- Remove the checkmark from Hide extensions for known file types
- Remove the checkmark from Hide protected operating System files
- Select Apply to All Folders | Yes | Apply | OK.
Click on My Computer and navigate to the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Is there a folder named DllCache within this folder?
I need to know also if you have the installation CD as we may need to load the Recovery Console.