Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer not working

• Please log in to reply

leper73

leper73

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I try to access Internet Explorer, but it freezes when it first comes up. Then it just goes to a blue background, and there is no way to quit. I can't close the topic, nor click any of the buttons. I have to close through Task Manager. Any idea why this is?

EDIT: I can get on, but it takes a long time. It's not my homepage, as I've switched the page to be sure. Once I'm on, I have no problems. However, it is very slow before the page works properly.

Edited by leper73, 14 April 2008 - 03:08 PM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I Suggest you take your log to the malware doctors found in this forum.
Please make sure that you read this before posting anything in the malware forum.

If you're still having problems after the malware doctors declare your log clean feel free to post back here and we'll help you to the best of our knowledge! :)

Regards,
Olrik

Trash man

Trash man

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
try a diffrent software like firefox perhaps

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Not being able to Open the Control Panel these days means 90% of the time the user is infected with malware.
Please follow my steps to clean out malware. Once the doctors declare you clean and you still need help please return to -this- thread to receive further assistance.

Regards,
Olrik