Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not delete MS Office Ultimate 2007

• Please log in to reply

dkellermann

dkellermann

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Anyone know how to get rid of Office Ultimate 2007 and the Groove files? I could use your help, please.

My nephew installed his MS Office Ultimate 2007 a while back for some school work, and didn't uninstall it when he went back home (out of state).
When I tried ADD/REMOVE programs it said there was a problem and the program should be re installed... So I decided to try to delete it manually and got rid of most of it (safe mode) then followed MS article kb928218 to get rid of more of it, and could not get rid of any of the GrooveXXX.dlls. Says access denied; make sure disk is not full or write protected.
Figured I could live with these files being left on the drive. But now after a reboot, when I click on (shortcut to) C:, ms updates, windows catalog (and more I'm sure), Office 2007 starts to install! I've canceled it each time, but the deleted Office12 folder is back, full of files.
I have MS Office Diagnostics Service and Office Source Engine disabled in services and GrooveMonitor disabled in startup.
MS Office ultimate 2007 is still in the add or remove programs, though there is no change/remove button. Office doesn't show up in the Glary uninstall manager... shows up in ccleaner uninstall, but doesn't uninstall.

Diane

Advertisements

Patrick Wilmes

Patrick Wilmes

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I know with the new version of Microsoft Office 2007 you need to be the computer admin to delete and update office 2007. It is a new feature they have added. Try going here, Maybe this will help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

dkellermann

dkellermann

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Thanks, but I already tried, even that didn't get rid of all of it {sigh}