Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NO IP address, no media state disconnected?no internet access?

• Please log in to reply

ozboy

ozboy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am trying to load blueyonder my computer. I just got this one from a friend as my old computer, where I was using blueyonder , has died. When I try to install it , it tells me that:

It cant renew IP address no local area connection network. SO I cant even set it up??

I have tried several things now:

went to run:
typed in CMD
typed ipconfig

it says under media state: media disconnected
there's NO IP address listed

went to run
typed devmgmt.msc
under adapter settings:
there was a red X on macbridge mini- unistalled this
3cometherlinkxl10/100pci - my network adapter seems to be working fine

went to run
services.msc
made sure my DHCO client was set to automatic , it was

went to run
typed cmd
typed in ipconfig/flushdns
it told me it couldnt do it, that i havent got a local connection

went to run
typed cmd
typed ipconfig/release
typed ipconfig/renew
nothing happens

I tried to open explorer, tools, internet options, connections, lan settings, auto detect (box was already checked)

I have tried to reset my modem, I have unplugged it for several minutes and nothing.

I have gone to my local area connection and it has a big red X on it, I have tried to enable it, but it wont do so.

Under Incoming Connections it says no clients connected

I went to run
cmd
typed in ipconfig/ all
under description it stated : 3cometherlinkx/100pc
complete pc manager NIC<3c905c-tx>
physical: 00 50 DA DE 9F 77

but nothing much more no IP address, no mask gateway nothing.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do. I mst have access to the internet as I work from home. I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thankyou for your help, I hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi ozboy...welcome to G2G... :)

try getting your chipset drivers and reinstall them...
are you connected straight to the modem ...also try a different cable ...

ozboy

ozboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi ozboy...welcome to G2G... :)

try getting your chipset drivers and reinstall them...
are you connected straight to the modem ...also try a different cable ...

Hello and thanks! yes....chipset drivers, lol. Would you mind to fill me in on them?

As for being connected I am connected to the modem by cable, my cable is working well. All the lights on my modem are lit up, due to it being connected:)

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
Helo Ozboy,

The Lights just mean the cable gets a signal and doesn't neccesarily mean there's a link (data going through).
The Chipset drivers are the drivers of your motherboard. You should have a CD with drivers on them.
If this is not the case could you tell us what motherboard you have and we will provide you with a download link.

Regards,
Olrik

ozboy

ozboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hellow everyone, I want to thankyou both for all your help! I foudn that it was the driver ,the ethernet was a problem so I turned it off, I managed to get the driver to load by keeping the cd in and going back over the upload of software for a totally different cd package...it read it wasn't there, BUT still uploaded what was in the cd. Thanks again for all your time and help!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome :)