Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blocked emails

• Please log in to reply

Liz M

Liz M

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm no Geek, so my plea for help is probably laughably basic. I use Outlook Express, my IP is Talktalk. Earthlink has started blocking my emails to contacts in the US. The bounceback message is Dynamic/zombied/spam IPs blocked. I can't contact Earthlink (guess what - it bounces back...) and Talktalk were no help, apart from confirming that they were dynamic (whatever that means :) ) - they say they can't do anything about the problem, suggested that my contacts 'must' have another email address I could use. I've tried to find out from the Gmail site if their system is also dynamic - it looks as if it is, but none of their question topics is any help, so I don't know if there's any point in my setting up a Gmail account. Can anyone suggest a helpful, useful, free (the pension won't stretch to paying twice over!) mail account to run as well as Talktalk, or some other way of solving the problem. All suggestions gratefully received. Thanks. Liz

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
set up a gmail account...it will take less time than posting your topic

Liz M

Liz M

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, thanks, yes, it was quick to set up. But all I get when trying to send Gmail is an oops message telling me it couldn't be sent - a "known problem we are working diligently on" apparently. However, a test Gmail to my Talktalk account got through OK - so now I'm sitting here wondering if the others did too, and hoping someone will reply and put me out of my misery. Same old same old...

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try sending some more email thru gmail...In the 5 years or so that I have used gmail it was down only twice ...for about a hour each time...
there is also yahoo mail...its free too..just click on

Edited by happyrck, 16 April 2008 - 02:36 PM.

Liz M

Liz M

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks Happyrck, I am now HappyLizM, as Gmail is working OK. Advice much appreciated. :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome... :)