Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

F8 Not Wokring when I want to Agree to Terms

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

MrOz2302

MrOz2302

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK I have a computer that got a little virus that is really annoying..and I want to reboot it to its regular stage...I have a Windows Xp cd already I've done the rebooting a bunch of times in my coputer and others...This time for some reason when it gets to the last screen which is the user agreements it tells you at the bottom " If you agree to these terms press F8" for some reason when I hit F8 it doesnt do anything and then I have to hit esc and restart the computer.. I tried it again and again unplugging the keyboard and everything but it still does nothing. What can I do?? Please help.

Edited by MrOz2302, 14 April 2008 - 07:14 PM.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
First thing to do is check to see that your BIOS is configured to the type of keyboard you have eg - PS/2 or USB connection. However it is doubtful this is the case because some of the keys work.

Next I would try a different keyboard to rule out the possibility of the keyboard being faulty.

Is this a legit XP CD?

MrOz2302

MrOz2302

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
the keyboard is USB I've tried a diff keyboard and the same and no this is not a legit copy of it i got from the internet and burned it right but it worked on everyother computer I've put on

Edited by MrOz2302, 15 April 2008 - 06:51 PM.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

the keyboard is USB I've tried a diff keyboard and the same and no this is not a legit copy of it i got from the internet and burned it right but it worked on everyother computer I've put on

We do not offer assistance with illegally obtained version os software. Once you have obtained a legal version of Windows, PM an administrator or moderator is you require this topic to be reopened.

-Ryan