Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2007 Hyperlinks in email not openning

• Please log in to reply

Fazz

Fazz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Be careful about using non m/soft solutions. I typed the error message into Google and got this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049
There is a full explanation of the problem and an auto run solution. Use this link rather than one from a unqualified source. Fixed my problem Windows 7 and Outlook 2007.

Advertisements

gork

gork

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I too have been having the same problem. I followed these instructions on my Windows 7 laptop and now I am getting a new error message saying "General failure. The URL www.InsertAnyWebSite.com. Application not found.

Any ideas here?

Thanks

gork

gork

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am also having this problem and did the reg fix, but am now getting a new error message stating "General Failure" The URL www.InsertAnyWebSiteHere.com. Application not Found. Any ideas for this?

Thanks!

VJW

VJW

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Error message when clicking on any hyperlink (response)in Outlook 2007: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." (I AM the Administrator). In my case, the problem happened when I replaced Microsoft 'Works' with 'Microsoft Office 2007'. E-mail downloaded and opened just fine, but clicking on hyperlinks caused the error message. I spent hours trying fixes such as resetting defaults, regisry key replacements, etc. DO THIS INSTEAD: Download and install a different Browser, even if you do not intend to keep it. I downloaded Firefox; accepted them as my "Default Browser". I then opened Outlook 2007 and tested the hyperlinks. They worked fine. I then re-opened my old browser, Internet Explorer. When it asked if I wanted it to be my "default Browser", I clicked 'Yes'. Hyperlinks in Outlook were now working fine in my original browser as well. A 3 minute fix on a problem that frusrtated the heck out of me for over 20 hours. So maybe this was not "computer science", but hey, it WORKS! I hope this post will help someone else. By the way, you can keep both browsers on your machine, try comparisons, back and forth, before deciding which one to uninstall . VJW

rex979

rex979

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you very much Richard - your fix worked perfectly
Too bad Microsoft / Bill Gates are out of touch with the real world

imissnumber3

imissnumber3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
From Post #5

Problem is a file association one. Download the reg fix for HTM/HTML files from here: http://www.dougknox..../file_assoc.htm. Unzip & merge keyfile.

This worked for me - Win7 Pro 64bit

Edited by imissnumber3, 23 October 2012 - 05:56 AM.