Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pesky Problem, Little Help Please[CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

lordstag

lordstag

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Little problem I have been havin the past few weeks. Just random pop-ups and slowing down my internet connection. It seems that when i am experiencing the slow down from internet connection, killing explorer.exe solves it temporarily. Seems to be a trojan as well. I know what the problem is:
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {14F8215D-638E-4238-B06D-6788B54023B3} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtutu.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FBD29C3C-C642-4843-A627-6E54A947B511} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddcaxww.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ddcaxww - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ddcaxww.dll

I just can't seem to get rid of it. I have tried hijackthis, avg, remove on restart and killbox. But none get rid of it. Any help would be apprciated, i'm just about ready to format.

oh and as a side note it just popped up i didn't have v2 of hijack this but the files that i believe to be the problem don't appear in v2, so i will post both.

EDIT: i just realized i forgot to change the name of hijackthis when i downloaded v2 and that's why they weren't showing.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:48:37 PM, on 4/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3, v.3264 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2900.3264)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\H.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {14F8215D-638E-4238-B06D-6788B54023B3} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtutu.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FBD29C3C-C642-4843-A627-6E54A947B511} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddcaxww.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{2693346A-59AD-4B62-BF53-152A64D63188}: NameServer = 192.168.0.1
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ddcaxww - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ddcaxww.dll
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: StarWind iSCSI Service (StarWindService) - Rocket Division Software - C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe

--
End of file - 2740 bytes

Edited by lordstag, 15 April 2008 - 01:46 PM.

Advertisements

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Hi there,

Welcome to GeeksToGo. My name is RatHat, and I will help you get through the process of cleaning the malware from your computer.

OK firstly, I need you to print out each post I make so that you can refer to it while we fix your computer. This is because there will be times when you are unable to be online to read my instructions, and I will want you to do everything very carefully. I also need you to follow my instructions in the order that they are given. If however, you cannot carry out one of them, please continue on with the next and let me know what you were unsuccessful with. Please ensure you turn off word wrap in Notepad. To do this, open Notepad, choose Format, then Un-check Word Wrap. (Word Wrap makes reading your log difficult).

Next, I would like to make sure that you can view hidden files and folders;
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading SELECT Show hidden files and folders.
  • UNCHECK the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
  • UNCHECK the Hide extensions for known file types option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  • Close any open browsers.
  • Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

-----------------------------------------------------------

• Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.

• Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.

• Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Please run an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner. Note: You must use Internet Explorer to run this scan.

Click the Accept button.

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display the results if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop as Kaspersky.txt.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, DSS will open two Notepad files: main.txt and extra.txt
  • Use Save As to save both Notepad files to your Desktop and post them in your next reply.
Note: A copy of these files can be found in you root drive, usually C:\Deckard\System Scanner\

So in your next reply, please include the following logs:
  • The contents of Combofix.txt
  • The contents of Kaspersky.txt
  • The contents of DSS main.txt
  • The contents of DSS extra.txt
Please note that you will need to split your replies into several posts to make sure that you include the complete logs.

Regards,
RatHat

lordstag

lordstag

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks combofix was what i needed. Combination of hijackthis, killbox and combofix got the job done.

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Could you post the logs as I have requested above so that I can check that your system is malware free.

Regards,
RatHat

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Do you still require assistance with this log?

Regards,
RatHat

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact myself or another staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.