Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't install Ad Aware 7.0 in new Vista laptop

• Please log in to reply

farnal

farnal

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This concerns VISTA Home Premium. Ad Aware 7.0 downloads and installs correctly. But it closes (actually Windows closes it) instantly rather than running. I've uninstalled and re-installed but still doesn't. I have another laptop that is virtually identical to this one also with VISTA and Ad Aware 7.0 runs well.

Advertisements

Sockdown

Sockdown

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
Vista 32-bits or 64-bits?

farnal

farnal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
32 Bit

Sockdown

Sockdown

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
I don't know if this could be the problem since you're saying you have it installed and working correctly in another exact computer, but, take a look at this post on the Ad-Aware Support Forum, click here. If you do a search, there are various posts about Ad-Aware 32-bits version, although most of them are about 64-bits version which is not supported yet.

Edited by Sockdown, 15 April 2008 - 02:13 PM.

farnal

farnal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the prompt response. It was a DEP issue with VISTA blocking the program.

Sockdown

Sockdown

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
You're welcome farnal. :)