Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox background colors vanished

• Please log in to reply

Mr. NiceGuy

Mr. NiceGuy

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I was viewing different topics on the forum earlier. As I was reading something about a user's background color disappearing, ironically.. seconds later, mine also disappeared. I do not really know what happened. I want to post a ScreenShot but I do not see any attachment bottons near the post box. Only Post Options I see are the emoticons/signature/email notification.

I am using mozilla and OS is windows Xp Pro.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Edited by Mr. NiceGuy, 15 April 2008 - 04:47 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you try system restore yet...

Mr. NiceGuy

Mr. NiceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
No because I dont think I have that enabled after i reformatted my computer. I also tried reinstalling but that did not help.

I think ATF cleaner might have something to do with it. My friend told me about it and I used it for the first time. Maybe it might have cleaned up too much of my system/temp files/cookies ??

Edited by Mr. NiceGuy, 15 April 2008 - 05:07 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I also tried reinstalling but that did not help.

reinstalling what...
have you changed anything in the display properties section

Mr. NiceGuy

Mr. NiceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I tried reinstalling firefox itself but nothing happened. Can it possibly be the ATF Cleaner? I was using it just before the color thing happened.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I don't think ATF Cleaner had anything to do with this ...
answer my last question...have you changed anything in the display properties section...
please answer any and all questions or if asked to try something ..exactly what happened when you did try it

Mr. NiceGuy

Mr. NiceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
No I have not tweaked anything in the settings/display option. I just downloaded firefox and restalled it. Afterwards, I opened firefox back up and the back for the forum page is still all white. If i remember correctly, isnt it suppose to have a dark blackish color to it ?

Plus, all the dividers for the sections are missing. I only see text kinda.

Another example is if u would go to yahoo "answers" you would see those cartoony face icons and stuff. I use to see them but now I dont. I only see text basicially.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
lets see if its a browser issue...try accessing G2G with IE...do you see it like its supposed to be..

Mr. NiceGuy

Mr. NiceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yes it definitely is a browser (firefox) problem. I am currently using I.E. to post this so I can include a screen shot. Here is how it looks like on firefox compare to what it is really suppose to look like before anything changed. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Mr. NiceGuy

Mr. NiceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
PROBLEM IS SOLVED **Thanks to @ryan and @rstones12** from the mIRC.

Here is how I solved the problem.

-Appearently, I ran ATF-Cleaner to clean my browser (firefox) while it is still running.
-Thus my background colors has vanished
-I was told to close all the firefox browsers
-Then RUN ATF again after selecting firefox
-After that, I reopened firefox and everything is back to normal.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post. I appreciate everything. G2G ftw!! :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
thanks for letting us know... :)