Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some help in the XP forum

• Please log in to reply

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Have a guy in the XP forum that is getting a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 0x0000009C. This is definitely hardware related and I'm completely out of ideas on how to help him. I am going to suggest he run memtest86 for 3-4 complete passes but was hoping some of you hardware oriented folks might take a look and possibly offer some ideas.

If you can, please look at http://www.geekstogo...60#entry1203160

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This error can be caused by faulty memory or an overclocked processor running just beyond its means, or a faulty power supply.
Depending on what the computer is doing when the error occurs, you may be able to trace it to that particular component. So if it occurs during gaming, for example, I'd suspect graphics card.