Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trendnet TK207 KVM vs. remaining USB function

• Please log in to reply

stimuli

stimuli

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I recently bought & installed this USB KVM switch between my two Win XP Pro PCs, and it works fine. However, since installing it, I cannot seem to be able to use any other USB devices (Sansa e280 music player, USB hub, etc) to work properly. My Sansa can charge up via it's supplied USB adapter, but I cannot access the player itself to add music. I tried to install a Belkin hub have, but it doe not seem to be functioning .
Checking system hardware shows that all USB ports are available & working correctly.
Does using a USB KVM switch block any other USB devices from working?
Help..this is driving me kooky!!

Advertisements

stimuli

stimuli

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
My mobo is an Asus socket 478, running P4 3.4 intel 865PE chipset. tried rerunning the chipset utility from Intel again to see if that helped. It didn't...

Anyone? :)

stimuli

stimuli

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
ok well, I got it fixed.
Emailed Trendnet support about it, & they very quickly got back to me with a solution.
Since the KVM switch is powered by the USB bus (no wallwart) there isn't enough current left for other devices.
They suggested try connecting thru a self powered hub, which I did .
Problem solved ! :)