Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LapTop Screen

• Please log in to reply

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
When I power up my laptop, the screen seems fine for about 2 seconds, then it appears the like the backlight goes out (if it has a backlight). When I get the computer all powered up and into windows, it takes me a few mins to find the mouse and all that to get the computer in to hybernate mode, and when it comes out of that mode. It seems to power-up the screen in a wave across the screen, and then it goes dark again. I can see the screen but just bairly...

Do I have to replace the whole screen?
Does anyone else have any ideas that wont cost me 200$ lol

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
you may need to replace the backlight but my first guess is the invertor board needs to be replaced... if you can do it yourself you might get away with around $100 maybe...

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
actually it cost me 30$ to fix it... lol

thanks for the help :)

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
wow last time I priced an invertor it was about $80 or so + shipping.... Cool though glad you got it sorted.... was it just an invertor?

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
yes it was, I went to my local computer shop (where I intern a few days a month) and he told me right where it was and everything... he also had the part for only 30$... so yea

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
cool.... glad you got it going so inexpensively.... I just happen to have one here that the part is about $80....( yes it's an inverter too.... )