Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Applications on computer won't open

• Please log in to reply

hajiwon

hajiwon

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
My computer was working fine, just after I used VirtualDub, which probably caused the problem.

I opened VirtualDub to crop a video file, while it was in the process of creating the cropped file, a window popped up and said I was running out of free space. It turned out the file I was saving was VERY BIG (i forgot to uncheck an option in VirtualDub).

Afterwards, everything lagged, so I restarted the computer and I can't seem to open applications (such as media player, cleanup tools, nero, spyware blaster...) But My Documents, My Computer, Control Panel, and internet (mozilla) works though.

Can someone please help me? Thank you very much.

EDIT:
actually the pop up said i was out of free space, that's when i deleted the cropped file and restarted my computer.

Edited by hajiwon, 16 April 2008 - 08:31 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Seems to be a classic example of where "System Restore" might do the trick.
Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->System Restore

Choose a restore point (ie a date from the calendar) for the day before you used VirtualDub to crop that file.
Hopefully that will get your Windows back where it was before the problem occurred.

hajiwon

hajiwon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
-please close thread-

Edited by hajiwon, 17 April 2008 - 11:46 PM.