Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard BIOS issues! PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

N3TH

N3TH

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hey guys, can you help?

Im running an Asus M2N-MX SE motherboard that wont even boot up because it says i need to reinstall BIOS. When I stick in the CD that comes with the mobo it reads it, says its reinstalling but just starts the whole process again.

A mate said I should try uninstall the BIOS but i cant find any such program

CAN ANYONE HELP!?

Thanks!

Advertisements

krs1

krs1

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
Hi N3TH :) ,

Your friend should have said Flash your BIOS.

Please check the link below,select your OS,download & save the latest BIOS of your mainboard..

http://support.asus......del=M2N-MX SE

kindly refer to your mainboard’s manual on how to make a bootable disk,as well as setting your boot sequence/options,where you will load the BIOS & boot from there.

You might want to READ the guide (mainboard’s manual) carefully & follow the procedures step by step.rember,by doing this, it’s not an ordinary program or software that you normally un-install then re-install afterwards.improper flashing may lead to a serious problem/damage to your motherboard & may not be useable again.

If you’re not confident that you can do it by yourself,ask someone that has full knowledge of flashing a BIOS & let that person do it for you. :)

N3TH

N3TH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
THANKS! I know Im one of those guys who doesnt even bother with the manual, so I will have a good hard look at it!

Thanks again!

krs1

krs1

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
you're welcome.... :)

N3TH

N3TH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
OK fixed the BIOS! YAY! Now it wont get past the screen where I can choose either safe mode or start normally blah blah. I think there may be issues with my RAM, but i have tried different sticks and it doesn't seem to change. A blue screen flickers on (mem test?) but then the computer resets. Wont even start in safe mode...

HELP PLEASE!

krs1

krs1

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
Hmmnn,before the problem came up,did you install/removed /replaced any hardware?

assuming you've switched around your RAM sticks to different slots,try only one stick of RAM.

also check your HDD cable.

can you enter to your BIOS screen? (tap DELETE key during start-up)
check your boot sequence & select your HDD as your 1st boot order.
save the settings & exit.

N3TH

N3TH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Changed the boot sequence, changed the RAM, stuck a different stick of RAM in.... nothing.

Safe mode gets up to .....system/drivers/mvp.sys then just restarts itself over again.

N3TH

N3TH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Does this mean one of my drivers is missing? If so can I take the hard drive out and fix it in another computer?

krs1

krs1

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
apologies for a late reply,and what a coincidence,i just fixed a PC some few hours ago.and the problem was same as what you have right now.(windows wont load & reboots over & over again).

i fixed it with a new PSU.

in your case,there's also a possibility that it could be a faulty hardware or a driver issue (sometimes).

my next approach would be to have a windows fresh install.if that didnt worked,possible that the culprit is your PSU.

N3TH

N3TH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
FIXED! Had to reinstall windows but it runs fine now.

Thanks for all your help!

krs1

krs1

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
glad it's all fine now,happy computing.... :)