Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Incredimail File and or Identity Sharing

• Please log in to reply

Damien Kane

Damien Kane

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Why I can't figure this out, I don't know, but would certainly appreciate some help.

I dual boot Vista and Ubuntu. Within Ubuntu, I run Virtualbox and inside, is an XP installation. Within Vista and XP, I have installed Incredimail. I'm trying to get my wife away from Windows and to the wonderful world of Linux, but she's a huge Incredimail fan. Virtualbox is the next step - she's not one for change!!

With Microsoft Outlook, it creates a file that's very easy to share, wherever you put it. With Incredimail, it appears to work on identities with each new user. I'm having difficulties in trying to share the same identity/folders with both the Vista and XP install.

Ultimately, what I want to do, is boot into any environment and utilise the exact same folders, like you would with Outlook, for example. Instead, Incredimail keeps creating a new identity, even though it is identical to the Vista environment. It has nothing to do with Virtualbox but or XP, but Incredimail. If I import the folders and contacts, when I receive mail, the new mail doesn't appear in the other environment.

ie, if I receive an email in Vista environment, reboot into XP, then that e-mail doesn't appear. Incredimail seems Incri-awkward to set this up.

Anybody got any ideas?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Main issue with Incredimail is that its hard, if not impossible, to get it to share its data with any other program. It doesn't like you importing to other programs, exporting from it to other programs... heck it doesn't even want to import back its own data if you reinstall it later on!