Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card for Oblivion

• Please log in to reply

L. Burgess

L. Burgess

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, first, I am new to GTG. So hi to everyone. I consider myself having intermediate knowledge of computers. So here is my question.

My teen son has a 2 year-old HP/Compaq computer with an integrated video card. He bought Oblivion and was quite disappointed when he was unable to play it. He does play Morrowind on it.

According to some research online I did, it seems his video card cannot handle the graphics of the game. So we are looking to upgrade his video card. His system needs a low profile card.

We have to set a limit on expense - these are the two cards I was looking at:
1. Nvidia Geforce 7300GS, Low Profile Support / 256MB DDR2 / Pci-express /support D; or
2. CHAINTECH GSV84GS-G1 GeForce 8400GS 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Low Profile Video Card.

I know another issue is the power supply watts too, so any suggestions on cards with low wattage requirements would be helpful to know as well. I have to check what his system has. Any comments are appreciated. Thank you!

Advertisements