Just some leftover cleanup to do with the tools that we used.
Just so you know the things in the Kaspersky scan are all in the tools quarantine folders and are not active.
WE will get rid of all of the files that were detected when you do the following.
Please update your Java:
Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application. Beware it is NOT supported for use in 9x or ME and probably will not install in those systems
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 update 5.
- Choose Free Java Download
- Close any programs you may have running and follow the prompts.
- Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix and tools used in the removal of malware
- Click START then RUN
- Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
Also delete\uninstall anything that we used that is left over.
After that your log is clean.
The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people.
You do not have to have all or any of them they are only suggestions.
This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.
Spybot Search & Destroy-Uber powerful tool which can search and annhilate nasties that make it onto your system. Now with an Immunize section that will help prevent future infections.
Ad-Aware-Another very powerful tool which searches and kills nasties that infect your system. AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy compliment each other very well.
Spyware Blaster - Great prevention tool to keep nasties from installing on your system.
Spywareguard-Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.
IE-SPYAD- puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
Tony Klein article To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein.