Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WD Sata drive problem

• Please log in to reply

bizop

bizop

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a 160Gb WD sata hard drive which kept crashing and to cut a long story short i have replaced it with a new 250 gib drive and my system is now up and running and performing perfectly.

I have some family photos on my old drive but have tried to access it as a second drive but the system will not even detect it. I am runnming XP sp2 on a Dell PC.

Is that the end of it or are there other ways of trying to access this disc and saving my files?

Regards

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
does your bios see the second drive...

bizop

bizop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Good Question, unfortunately havent looked at that and will not be able to for a few days as the PC is of site at present.

I would guess no though because it doesnt show in the windows disc management screen

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if your bios does not see the drive windows never will either...try connectting it to a different computer and get your data off...if the second computer doesn't see the drive either then its dead