Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Build Wont start

• Please log in to reply

CorpseCamper

CorpseCamper

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all. I'm building my first computer and when I turned it on for the first time, I got nothing on the screen. The hardware is as follows:

MB: Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
Video: NVidia 8800 GTS
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
RAM: 2GB DDR3 1333
PSU: 500W 20/24-pin Power Supply

When I turn the computer on, all of the lights turn on, the fans start spinning, the HDD is spinning(according to my Chassis read-out). Nothing appears on the screen though. I have tried the video card and processor both in different computers and they both work. I even sent the motherboard back to have it tested and they siad it worked fine. I have reseated the RAM multiple times and have tried using one in each slot, and then switched to the other one. I have no idea what else to check.

Suggestions would be great.

Yes, the monitor works with other systems.

Edited by CorpseCamper, 16 April 2008 - 02:48 PM.

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Do you know if the monitor you're using is working on another system?

Edited by kamille316, 16 April 2008 - 02:36 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

Do you have some different RAM sticks to test? The ones you have currently may be faulty.

Cheers

Troy

CorpseCamper

CorpseCamper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Took it to the proffessionals and turns out the power supply was bad. I thought i had tried a different one, but apparently i plugged that one in incorrectly :) Thanks all